Friday, November 21, 2008

Playa Painting- Grain I



This one was made in Galeta, just north of Santa Barabara. The beaches virtually all the way south were thin and long- difficult for really big pieces. So we made into reality some abstract  designs we've been playing with. This one was inspired by a piece of art I came across somewhere...thank you unknown muse. It suggests to me pieces of rounded wood, the kind you'd find in a river wash out. Or on some beaches whole log size.  In the painting, the pieces of wood appear to be cross sections, suggesting they've been cut from the tree, that they aren't.  I've been fascinated with wood grain. Lately I found myself staring at some sheets of plywood  :) seeing the imprint of life.  I'll keep playing with grains.
 

Random Past Posts


    Random posts widget