Monday, December 5, 2011

World Beach Art Festival

 

I took part in the Island of Jersey's World Beach Art festival (lies between England and France). There were 3 other artists. We each chose a beach from the many fine ones on the island. I 'won' my beach in a coin toss. I was psyched. The location gave me something that would give life to the designs I had been working on.


The design started from the back of the cave, interacted with the rocks as it emerged, turned into vines and then flowers, which created 'fruits' that were then floating away.

It was an honor to create art for the event. Thank you to the MyMemory.com and the Jersey tourism board for making the event possible and providing the participants with such fine accommodations and hospitality. Its a beautiful island with great people and fabulous beaches.











Here are a couple of videos I took at ground level walking along the design.



Random Past Posts


    Random posts widget