Sunday, February 16, 2014

Newsletter 2-16-14

In this newsletter:

-Postcards → unmailed orders and new prints

-Prints → the gallery is ready, update on editing, prints ordered from Art-Wanted

-Playa Painting Workshop 3/2, 3/16

-Exhibition Artwork in San Francisco 3/3

Hi friends,

This has been a tremendous month for me. In a fluke of universal interweavings, a post by the site 'Viral Nova', went, well, viral, spreading me near and far across the internet. In a couple of days my Facebook likes went from 6k to 170k. A flurry never-before-seen descended upon the normally placid waters Ember and I generally inhabit. The last 2 weeks have been practically solid days and nights of computer interfacing- responding, configuring, coordinating, interspersed with floats in the ocean and some raking on the beach :-) It’s been a surreal time. The outpouring of appreciation has been humbling. I have found myself asking if I am worthy of the praise I have been receiving. I don't question the art, though. I feel blessed to have found an expressive outlet that brings so much to so many, requiring so little. Thank you for the support you are offering, whether as rabid fanatic or simply by reading this newsletter :-P

May your path be guided by the shining of your light.

------------------------------------

In this newsletter:

-Postcards → unmailed orders and new prints

-Prints → the gallery is ready, update on editing, prints ordered from Art-Wanted

-Playa Painting Workshop 3/2, 3/16

-Exhibition Artwork in San Francisco 3/3

------------------------------------

Postcards
In the heady rush of internet recognition, there were many postcard sets ordered. Unfortunately, I have been in Mexico for the past 2 months (well, 'fortunately' I would have to say, just not timely!) and a couple of thousand miles from the postcard storage space (my mom's garage). I was in the midst of getting my mom set up to do the mailings, but that has yet to happen. This situation will have us making sure a system in now in place for quick shipping, but for now, the orders are awaiting completion until we can get to that garage. The arrival date to San Francisco is March 2nd and orders will begin getting fulfilled. We anticipate it may take up to a week to complete all the orders, with shipping taking several days. I apologize for the delay. I offer a full refund to any who feel they can no longer wait, simply write me and I can see how to make amends. As a token compensation for your patience, I am including 2 of the new postcards free of charge.


Gallery Site ready for sales
I have finally set up shop in a new Playa Painting gallery and print site- Smugmug. I will be tweaking the site as I become familiar with it. But I wanted to let you know that Playa Painting prints are now available! I placed all the classic ones in the gallery plus many never-before-available images. I am still in the process of working with an image editor on re-editing my image catalog, so for now the images available are from my own edits. The re-edits are aimed for the larger prints, 16x24, 20x30, or 24x36, sizes intended for gallery viewing. For anything below 12x18 the online gallery as it is right now is perfect. I will let you know when those news ones become available. But truly, at smaller sizes it’s perfect. Also available are digital images for licensing plus select merchandise such as mugs (if that floats your boat).


Playa Painting Workshops
San Francisco I'll be having my first workshops of 2014. Details are here. They are limited to 25 participants.
Workshop #1 3/2/14
Workshop #2 3/16/14


Exhibition Day 3/3 2 artworks in one day! The first starts at 6a and the second starts at 5p. This is the first time I have worked during 2 low tides on the same day. What will happen...Who can say?! In the afternoon I am being filmed by folks from the Uplifting Entertainment channel. They would love to film your radiant faces if you are open to it :-)
Where: Ocean Beach, San Francisco below the Cliff House


Personalized Messages
Due to many requests for smaller scale, personal messages, I am offering a new service to write your message in the sand in a 30’x30’ space. This page has a form and details.


Developments
In the coming months I will be announcing several new offerings. I have been exploring the combining of the large beach art within a guided experience. One side deals with loss and transition. The other side deals with mindfulness and meditation. Both are deep.

------------------------------------

Whew! There are more announcements, but I’ll save them for another time. For now, thank you for reading this and thank you for your support and encouragement. I feel invigorated by the appreciation my art and I have received. 2014 is starting out with a bing bang for me. I hope it is for you as well!

I leave you with this fun lil' video Ember and I made...


Random Past Posts


    Random posts widget