Sunday, January 9, 2011

Media Release

Here is my general purpose statement regarding my art. If you have specific questions please write me.

You are welcome to use the images on this page or browse my gallery to select images that appeal to you. The images are watermarked with my website. If you desire versions without the watermark, please let me know and I'll send it.
------------------------
Andres Amador 

I was born in 1971, a 3rd generation San Franciscan. In 1994 I obtained a degree in Environmental Studies from the University of California, Davis. I went on to spend 3 years in the Peace Corps serving in the land of my ancestors, Ecuador. Upon returning home from living abroad, I began exploring my creative interests.

My first explorations were with line-design style geometric sculptures. This led into studying 'sacred' geometry and the cultural significance of symbols. That led to interest in crop circle designs. And then one day in 2004 while visiting the ocean, drawing circles with my walking stick to show a friend the things I had been learning,  the incredible canvas of the beach revealed itself to me.

The first set of designs were geometrically based (revealing my logic-based mind), but eventually the creations moved in the direction of organic form, following my interest in fractals and natural patterns. The designs have since moved off-beach, using natural materials to create versions of my beach art ('earthscape art' seems a good name for it.

I do commissioned designs and lead meditation art walks, as well as leading work teams, schools, and groups of friends in creating large-scale artworks.


 Geometric Sculpture















Random Past Posts


    Random posts widget