Monday, May 15, 2023

Sun

 


'Sun' is another variation that uses the circular grid, as discussed in the entry on Disc II.

It was done at an unusual location, near the outlet of a lagoon just before it joins the ocean. This patch of sand expands or shrinks according to the size of the lagoon and the height of the tide. This day was particular spacious and clean (sometimes it can be quite mucky). 

One thing that stood out for this creation was that I was joined by an elephant seal who watched me work. He/She (?) is the larger lump near the upper right corner. There is a very faint marring of the sand diagonally to the upper left where the seal dragged itself out of the water. I kept a an eye on the large beast as I worked- do not mess around with an elephant seal! But the most the seal did was lift its head above its sausage body and watch me.

Random Past Posts


    Random posts widget